Norwegian Viva Review

Not worth the expense! Think twice!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian Viva
Dougheyes728
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
Traveled with children

My husband and I met up with our friends from Florida to experience this new cruise ship. We were prepared for the ship to be smaller than what we usually cruise on, but we were super excited about the racetrack and the Infiniti pools. Boarding went smoothly, and the first thing we noticed was how bright the colors and decor was. The choice of colors used on the ship were absolutely beautiful! The rooms were very nice and roomy, could’ve used a little more storage areas, the bathrooms were nice and spacious and we loved the shower.

As we started venturing to get to know the ship, and where things were, we decided to stop at the buffet to grab a bite after a long flight. We immediately noticed how small the buffet was, with very minimal options. Not much to choose from for those that are looking to eat a bit healthier, salad bar was very skimpy! We expected a bigger variety of tastes. Seaside grill is tucked away just past the buffet, the air conditioning in the Seaside Grill area was not working the entire seven day cruise, I felt so sorry for the Cooks, as we continue to get to know the ship, we noticed how small the pool was, although we were able to watch the Super Bowl live stream, my husband had to basically insist that they turn the volume up in order to hear the game. They should’ve made it a party! Bartenders on the pool deck were not cheerful, they were there to do a job.

The most fun on the pool deck was BINGO. No excitement or crew dancing like other ships. Although their concept for shopping was creative by spreading it out a little bit, I still was not impressed with the Limited items. The only food choices you had after 10pm was the local bar (until 1 AM I believe ) and room service (which has a $4.95 convenience fee). Almost all the bars closed down early. we pre-paid for specialty dining, to find out that they were booked already with one 9:30 PM opening the evening before our departure. And when we did go to the steakhouse for our prepaid, specialty dining dinner, my husband ordered a steak medium that came back, medium rare, so we kindly ask them to cook it more, and they brought it back still medium rare. You couldn’t reserve a slot for any of the restaurants on your phone app, or on their digital kiosk near the elevators. You have to pay to ride the race cars on the track,$10 pp to play miniature golf, $20 pp for darts, and to play the high tech games & the escape room. For the cost of the ship, it should’ve been included, because there are very limited things to do otherwise. It would take a really good deal offer for us to cruise this vessel again, unless you are looking for an extremely relaxed cruise, do not choose this ship.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Viva Cruise from $849

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.