Anthem of the Seas Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

The excursions were fun and affordable. The ship's staff were friendly and seemed to work hard, however they seemed tense around the management. The tension gave a cold feeling to the cruisers. Room was nicely laid out, we had a balcony room. The room steward was wonderful. We didn't expect so many kids in January since there wasn't much for them to do, but there were many kids. The teenagers were not well behaved, especially on the elevators. I blame that on the parents but I am not sure why Royal allowed them in the pubs. Entertainment was good. The cabaret was excellent and the queen show was wonderful. Bands were good, especially the Bob Marley tribute show. Would have like to see some swag for prizes too with the bingo.

Food was decent. The buffet had many choices. Hard to please everyone, but they worked hard to try. The main dinning had quality food and well plated, however the food was often cold. I wonder why the food was cold, since the wait staff were fast. Being a chef myself, I wanted to see the tour of the kitchen but that was a waste of money. They rushed us through an empty kitchen so we saw nothing. The guide was on his phone most of the time and didn't seem to know the answers to anyone's questions.

Chops grill was top notch: friendly staff, excellent steaks that were hot and properly cooked, and very good atmosphere. Jamie Oliver's food was very salty, there were a few people I heard that complained of that. Wonderland was fun. I was looking forward to eat at the solarium bistro, but it was closed the entire voyage for a private function. Royal should have told us that before the cruise.

Good, clean, well laid out, nice size balcony, bed a bit too hard, great pillows. wonderful steward.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an Anthem of the Seas Cruise from $200

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.