Carnival Elation Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I read several reviews that mentioned this was a good option for a first time cruiser so we decided to try it out for our 25th anniversary. I brought a sign to decorate my door but it did not stick to the door so it appears they are not metal and I would suggest an adhesive hook for anyone considering door decorations. We were fortunate that our room was kind of in a corner so we didn't have trouble finding it even without the signage though. John was our steward and was very attentive and fast--once we were only out for about an hour and our room was still done when we got back!

We bought the bubbles package and probably got our money's worth but, since the only juice we would normally have had to pay for was only offered in the reservation required restaurant, we probably could have brought our own 12 pack and purchased the juice and put the extra money toward the alcoholic drinks we bought. The reviews say this boat has 3 pools but it really only has one that has a divider and a hot tub on each end which, as mentioned, were full of children packed like sardines. I guess they count the one at the water park as a pool as well but it's more of a splash pad. The dinners in the restaurant were ok but portions were small and I was extremely disappointed with the quality of the prime rib. It was kind of neat to be seated with other people and get to know them especially being at the same table each night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and there was a large variety of activities. I would have liked for the 80s party to be longer abd play more songs and it would also be nice to know, ahead of time, what activities will be offered as our fun sea day didn't really have many things I was interested in and wasn't a good day to relax in the sunshine because it was raining which made it sort of a bleah day but, overall, it was a positive experience.

Port Reviews

Freeport

We had great jerk chicken here but, other than that, felt this port was forgettable and would have preferred to spend 2 days in Nassau and been able to do/see more than you can in the 5 hours we were given

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Elation Cruise from $267

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.