Norwegian Epic Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I travel on NCL quite a bit but the Epic was horrific. Did a B2B cruise Jan-28-2024 through 3-11-2024. LONG LONG LINES everywhere, whether dining, bars, venues. I've been on many NCL ships and other cruise lines, but nothing like this. The first leg of the trip, they ran out of lite beers on 5th day, and I'm not a beer drinker but EVERYONE was complaining. You had to wait 45 mins for a drink in line so everyone was ordering 3 or more, no choice. Dining? No appts? Wait in line 1 hour or more.

That Epic ship is certainly not handicapped accessible in many places, and I"m not handicapped but talked w/ those who were. They could not get to Spice H20, as only stairs going up...I DID hear from one woman she had to take an elevator in a kitchen to get to Spice.

As for a solo cruiser, WORST SHIP EVER...You go eat at ANY restaurant, specialty or regular, you get stuffed into a corner all by yourself. It was insulting to say the least. And even if I met w/ solo cruisers to do dinner together, we spent 2 hours in there and treated like out casts.

I luckily upgraded to a solo balcony cabin called a "PrivacySea"....Let me tell you about that....It's partially enclosed with metal around you and I didn't mind at all...No sun, of course, and I was on corner so privacy was for sure. No glass balcony like the rest of the balconies, but I was quite happy with that cabin in the far corner. And my cabin steward made my trip almost worthwhile.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Epic Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.