Celebrity Reflection Review

A little worn down but has a special charm to it.

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Reflection
yhz13
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
Traveled with children

As a first time cruise, it was quite enjoyable. I know that a lot of more experienced cruisers don't like the ship apparently, but some of the reasons why people don't like it is why I enjoy the ship so much.

The ship is quite obviously dated, but not so far back to where it's a bad thing. The late 2000s to early 2010s lounges and general design language is something I actually quite enjoyed on this ship, as it is refreshing instead of the same modern architecture in all new cruise ships, as well as this being the newest ship in the solstice class, this may be my favourite ship celebrity has to offer. The ship has some more modern features than older sister ships, but keeps the same general layout and design of the older ships which is something I enjoy.

One thing that is actually bad is the wear and tear on certain things around the ship, like the menus in the main dining room wearing down, or the chair in my stateroom being torn up on the edges, this ship has obvious signs of wear.

Port Reviews

Aruba

It had nothing to hide which made it feel awfully authentic. but the weather was so unbearable it made it less enjoyable, also the shopping on the island was probably the best out of all, the Renaissance mall was great.

Bonaire

Not too much on the island, I did do the most amount of swimming out here, the water is great, but the island doesn't have too much to offer compared to the others unless you have booked an excursion.

Curacao

A mix of both other islands, while being the largest. It had the more touristy feeling of Bonaire while still having some of the raw aspects of Aruba. Since I believe that Curacao is practically a mix of both islands, it has both the same pros and cons of each, but I do think that this was my favourite of the 3. Forgot too add too that the other cruise ships around, and the huge bridge were quite nice to look at.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Reflection Cruise from $206

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.