Scarlet Lady Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023

Absolutely love the ship and outdoor spaces. Food is by far the best at sea among the biggest cruise lines (I’ve been on 4 cruise lines now). I love how they make it so simple for customers and don’t nickel & dime - no tipping, no misc hidden fees, no charges for towels, bar tab, etc. Also, the adults-oriented nature is amazing - no running/screaming kids, more hip-hop music, no buffets, no water parks, lots of bars sprinkled around the ship, more night life, and more sex/adult themes incorporated into the shows.

One thing I’d recommend is booking a balcony if you can afford it, especially in warmer climates like the Caribbean. I loved sleeping in the hammock on the balcony at night, truly relaxing!

The only things I’d recommend Virgin improve are 1) having outdoor bars open later than 5 PM, 2) more hottubs/bigger pool (on future ships), 3) having fewer customers in the spa it was too packed, 4) improve table service at the outdoor Galley patio for breakfast, and 5) while I love the Test Kitchen food, they need to update the menu since it’s been the same for 3 years.

Port Reviews

Bimini

Bimini is my favorite stop on Virgin. Absolutely love the Beach Club… music and vibes are great, plus the pool, ocean, beach, and tiki bars are so much fun.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $806

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.