3. Black Watch
After more than 50 years of marriage of two people with disparate natures, the cruise to the Baltic offered the prospect of finding a mutually rewarding experience. This proved to be true- to say the least. The Black Watch was small enough to reach isolated ports, with a reasonably small group of like-minded travellers. Single dining rooms and masterful activities. The service was superb and the generous,top class meals embarassingly good. The embarassment caused solely by quantity not quality. Excersions were well taken in Denmark, Estonia, Germany and Russia. The quaint Danish port and market in Kalundborg, the delightful port in Estonia where my lack of attention let my purse be stolen(but quickly returned intact by a kindly villager-not police),Swedish/ German efficiency and Russian oppulance. St Petersburg was a revelation in grandeur and magnificance provided by a Russian guide with excellent English. While we learnt from her about Russian bloody history she learned from us many slang expressions not covered in English dictionaroies The on board entertainment was first class; the main comedian managed to get the crowded theatre laughing heartedly-without any smutty jokes and the troupe of dancers were pretty, young and delightful. Classical piano playing complemented continuous light music in the various lounges and bars. I even managed to play some duplicate bridge in the afternoons while my less-active wife read or attended interesting talks. A very good holiday which suited us both. I'm hoping to find another opportunity to find another suitable cruise which will cater for our respective interests.

A Mutually Benefricial Compromise

Kent Sandom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Black Watch price drops

Outside Cabin
Cabin D
Adequate but a little squashed
  Black Watch Deck Plans