National Geographic Explorer Review

Ushuaia, Argentina
Library
Ushuaia, Argentina
Presentations at the Lounge area

I was with the National Geographic Explorer to Antarctica, and to give you just an idea of the satisfaction I felt after the expedition, I spent 4 more days in Buenos Aires before going back home, and in that short time, I talked to non less than 15 people about the trip, including another fellow passenger in the flight home. My finals words were always: "If you travel to Antarctica, it must be with the NG Explorer; that's the way to go! That ship is so powerful and the crew so professional, that they will take you to places no one else can, and the experience will leave a life-time of good memories."

This is not a cruise, this is an expedition, it is intense, but totally manageable, we had people of somehow advanced age and they were able to do everything everyday. The crew know how to get everybody involved and feel included. There are expeditions twice a day, and gatherings in the Lounge every single day, where the team talk about the species, the places, history, anecdotes of the area, etc., and in the case of scientists, the data they captured on that particular day. And don't worry about being in shape, they kept us well-feed with substantial and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks all day long.

I totally recommend this expedition, an experience I plan to repeat.

next review

Find a National Geographic Explorer Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.