Norwegian Viva Review

Cabin: Inside
Our stateroom
Lamb chops at Cagney's
Humidor Cigar Lounge

This was my 15th cruise overall and sixth with NCL. Previously, I have sailed on Royal, Princess and Carnival. My DW and I find cruising to be a great value and an excellent way to spend a vacation. We chose the NCL Viva because it was a brand-new vessel, the price fit our budget and we love all of the ports, some of which we have visited multiple times (i.e. St. Thomas, Tortola and Barbados)

At first glance, the Viva is a beautiful ship and once aboard, we found her to be bright, modern and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Before we set sail, I made sure to familiarize myself with the Deck Plans, and on embarkation day, we walked around to get a feel for where the public areas were. One thing I repeatedly heard from passengers is it was difficult to sometimes find things. That wasn’t the case for me.

There were far more positives about the ship than negatives and I will get to both later in the review. Now I’ve never been on a bad cruise, dating to back to my first one in 1982 on the old Cunard Countess (cruising was far different then, think no drink packages or specialty restaurants, and no wow factor things like slides and virtual reality rooms). Now, there have been some weak ships, but never had I not had a great time aboard a cruise.

Inside

Plenty of room to store items. Bathroom one of the nicest I've had. Ample room.

Port Reviews

Antigua

Went to Valley Church Beach on our own. Can rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for $20. Nice bar/restaurant on location

Barbados

Favorite island in Caribbean. Went to Harbour Lights where we had pre-booked chairs and umbrellas. Nice bar/restaurant and the water was crystal clear. Like being in a bathtub.

St. Lucia

Rum tour through NCL. Nice to spend a non-beach day doing something else.

14 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Viva Cruise from $869

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.