Island Princess Review

Platinum member, most disappointing cruise ever.

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Island Princess
Platinum Member
10+ Cruises • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Traveled with children

I have been cruising for over thirty years, and have noticed that the cruise companies are using accountants to make decisions for them. CUT CUT CUT. Christmas new year's cruises are normally one of the most expensive times of the year to go. I have done this many times In different parts of the world. This is the first time I have ever written a review. Here it goes.

Boarding the ship was fine. Finding the cabin ok but our bags arrived forty eight hours after we set sail. Not a good start , but for a two week , fourteen day cruise , we can live with it.

But then we began to notice a lot less staff and a lot less cleaning on the ship. After the fourth day and with requests the sheets of my beds were changed. It seems that a lot has turned into requesting what you want rather than the staff anticipating what you might need. When we went to the buffet we noticed the food quality had deteriorated. The dining room whilst better had deteriorated also. The entertainment was by far the most disappointing. The sail away parties were non existent the first four days, most notable when there was a ship next to us sailing away and they were having a huge party on the top deck. The theater shows were boring and one was so bad that the passenger started booing. Not a good sign. I took the drinks package and every time I asked for a drink it took twenty to thirty minutes and became an issue after day three. I could continue but I will stop here.

Cabin ok with balcony.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Island Princess Cruise from $441

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.