Carnival Panorama Review

What Happened to Common Courtesy?

Review for the Mexican Riviera Cruise on Carnival Panorama
JCG_1991
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

Right off the top the ship’s layout is dated and confusing. Almost every level of the ship is dark and gloomy even on the brightest of days. Getting to our cabin we were met with the most putrid smell both in the cabin and throughout the hallway. To the very last day the smell was present. A dinner credit was allotted to my mother-in-law to help resolve the issue and this meal (had at the sushi restaurant) was the best meal we had. The food selection was dismal at best. I personally found myself sick to my stomach twice while on board and lost a full night’s rest and half a day because of it. The saving grace was the sandwich bar and hand-tossed pizzas for lunch as both breakfast and dinner was not worth having. The sail&sign card, though I can see the thought process behind it, made for a very slow process of grabbing a drink. For having to pay an obscene amount for the drink package, you should be allowed to grab a pop/alcoholic beverage and a water at the same time without having to wait 5 minutes or go back another time. The staff (minus our steward Candi and one lovely lady working the coffee bar) were absolutely terrible with their customer service and common courtesy. No thank yous, your welcomes, nothing! Not to mention overhearing staff talking badly about our family and mother-in-law behind our backs as we waited to disembark. Dismal experience to say the least, truly disappointed as I went into this cruise with nothing but optimism. Safe to say we will never sail with Carnival again.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

Went whale watching through a cruise line excursion. For the amount paid I didn’t feel it was worth it. We were on such a large boat, everyone was fighting to see the whales. Would have rather went on one of the smaller boats from the multiple men standing at port yelling “Where you wanna go!?” At us the second we got on land.

Mazatlan

Hop-on-Hop-off excursion was the best way to make the most of the shorter day. I’d avoid the downtown area.

Puerto Vallarta

20 minute cab ride to Los Muertos Beach/Walkway. Amazing views, shops and the shop keepers and solicitors were not super pushy, surprisingly nice! Got to see so many whales on our way into the port and while walking along the ocean and storefronts.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Panorama Cruise from $309

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.