Crown Princess Review

Elevated dining experience on crowded ship

Review for Pacific Coastal Cruise on Crown Princess
LACruiseGuy
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

DINING: This was our second Princess Cruise and the experience that impressed us the most was the elevated cuisine in the main dining room (Botticelli). Having previously sailed on Celebrity (Millenium), Holland America (Zuiderdam), Cunard (Queen Elizabeth), and Princess (Ruby), I would have rated Princess at the bottom of the list for dining. After this cruise on the Crown Princess, I would now rate the Princess main dining room cuisine at the top of the list alongside Celebirty Cruises.

The new master Chef Sodamin has really transformed the cruise line's menu with a fresh, modern approach, which I believe they began rolling out across the line in September of 2023. While retaining the Princess favorites, the new menu items we had were all very good. The service was a little erratic and was not up to the more refined dining experience of Cunard, but we found the cuisine to be superior to both Holland America and Cunard. I can't say the same with regard to our meal in Sabatini's Italian Restaurant. The food was very mediocre, the service was slow, and we wished we had not wasted our money and had gone instead to the main dining room.

SHIP: The ship, public areas and our balcony cabin were in fine shape and appear to be well maintained.

Port Reviews

Ensenada

Nothing much of interest in this port town. Shops were full of cheap, tourist junk and there really aren't any interesting sights near the port area. If you want to get off the ship, I suggest trying an excursion away from the town.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.