Celebrity Constellation Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

Overall it was a pleasant cruise. I would go on Constellation again. It is not a huge ship, which for us is a plus. We are happy to give up some of the things that a huge ship has, like more extra cost dining locations and extra bars for a cozier environment.

The biggest problem was that the cabin steward locked my wife on the veranda while he was cleaning the cabin. Luckily, she had a phone so she could message me.

We were in Aqua. Dinner in Blu was very good, service was also excellent. There was a decent selection on the menu and it was well prepared. If you couldn't find anything on that menu they let you order off the MDR menu. Also, my wife tried a few of the vegetarian offerings and thought they were excellent. I tasted a couple of vegetarian offerings and also thought they were excellent.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia)

Not sure it is the safest port. The old city is interesting however the ships excursions I have been on the tour guide talks TOO much and does not leave enough time to walk around the sites (eg, the Fortress). Also, the local vendors are EXTREMELY pushy.

One of the nice things is right at the port there is a duty free shop but also a number of parrots and other birds that live in the trees. Also, a number of peacocks wander around the area. About 3 different species of monkeys live in the trees. I was told that a sloth also makes the area home however I have never seen it. One day we spent a couple of hours in the area and enjoyed it.

Colon (Cristobal)

The cruise port itself is in an industrial area and not worth seeing however the area itself is interesting. You can see the Panama Canal and also there are various nature excursions that are interesting although everything is at least an hour away.

Puerto Limon

The port itself is not interesting however some of the excursions can be very good. Last year we did the rain forest which we enjoyed although it can be crowded. This year we did the train which was not as interesting.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Constellation Cruise from $345

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.