Carnival Legend Review

1,468 reviews

This will be my last cruise on Carnival

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Legend
WVisHome
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2024

Sailed out of Baltimore on Carnival Legend for a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas. The wife and I sailed with our two girls, 15 and 17. This was our third cruise and second cruise on Carnival, the other one being on the Carnival Pride in 2018. I'll start with general thoughts, then I'll discuss some positives, and end with the negatives. Generally, the ship was clean and the food decent. There were plenty of shows and things to do. Ship staff were helpful, especially our room steward, Romeo, who greeted us by name every time we saw him. The staff in other areas of the ship weren't as nice or pleasant. The seemed tired and overworked.

THE POSITIVES: as mentioned, the ship was clean and things were easy to find. The Carnival app worked well but the time estimates for dinner reservations were not accurate. The actual time was either half or twice what the app estimated it to be. Our rooms were kept nice and tidy by the amazing Romeo, who did a splendid job and immediately responded to our requests for extra towels or anything else. The wait staff were good too, but seemed tired and overworked.

THE NEGATIVES: I'll try to keep this short but here it goes. The food quality was poor and nowhere near what we experienced on our 2018 Carnival Pride cruise. There were good options, like the ribs, but the steaks and other meals were not that good. On to the ship itself, it was clean but very dated. Starting with our room, it was very run down. Just about every door squeaked, the latches didn't work on the balcony door, and the bed was seriously worn. In the common areas, there were loose floor tiles and wallpaper pealing off the walls, including off of the main picture visible from the glass elevators. The windows were really dirty too, we deleted several pictures because of that. Another problem was that the pools weren't heated or were closed for most of the cruise. This was very disappointing because we literally sailed in winter and wanted to escape the cold. As far as the entertainment, it was okay but don't take your kids. Even the "family" friendly shows weren't family friendly. In fact, my kids got up and left a couple of them before they even ended. Along the same lines, there were many occasions of drunk people struggling to walk around, so much so that it seemed like we were on a floating night club. Just not a good environment overall, especially for the kids. Shifting to the stops, we only made two of the three scheduled stops. Nassau was fine and Freeport was good too because we did an excursion to a beach. The big negative was that we didn't stop at Princess Cay because the captain decided that the seas were too rough for us to be shuttled to the island. It wasn't that bad, I have pictures and videos. It was very disappointing because this stop was why we scheduled this cruise. This was the one place we really wanted to go to, but didn't make it. We saved for 5 years for this cruise too, but that's how it goes I guess. And yes, I know the fine print says they can change the itinerary, but it is still sucks. In fact, I'll probably never schedule a cruise that includes a port where the ship has to tender (no docks).

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Legend Cruise from $409

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.