• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Scarlet Lady Review

1,129 reviews

If you haven't tried it you need to!

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Scarlet Lady
Alymark
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2024

We're a couple in our 60's and have been on Carnival, NCL, RC, Costa, MSC, Celebrity and Princess and I gotta tell you, we have found our new favorite cruiseline, Virgin Voyages. Yes, we were in the minority as far as age group, but we are young at heart and we absolutely loved this cruise. There were a few things I wasn't thrilled with and I'll start with that. The bathrooms are the smallest I've ever been in and I will get the XL balcony cabin next time which has a larger bathroom. The shower, however, was amazing. Rain showerhead and wand and amazing pressure. The rest of the room was great. You have an ipad that controls the lights (several different modes), the shades, the temperature, the requests (housekeeping, water, maintenance, etc.) and movies. Very different. The bed was a bit firm, but I requested a topper and it was there quickly. There was adequate storage. The best part was the hammock on the balcony and the blanket! We spent a good amount of time in it and it was super comfy! Next dislike was the thermal spa. It was small and they offered a 3-hr block for $69 which I did. However, the hottub (which was not a jacuzzi with jets, just a hot tub) only held two people, the same with the cold plunge pool (only 2 people). They allowed 30 people at a time for the time period. I wasn't impressed. I didn't have any services in the spa so cannot comment on that.

The food! OMG. 20 restaurants, all food made to order, 7 restaurants that you needed reservations but I cannot even describe how amazing every single meal we had was. It was like having 7 specialty restaurants included in your price. Even the other 13 food options were amazing. I have been in the Haven on NCL and as good as their dining room was, this was better. The pizza, the ice cream, sushi, poke bowls, wayyyy too many desserts, all great. The galley was like a food court. So much nicer than dealing with buffets. You could order your meals from the table or just go up to each venue and order yourself. Just the fact that all this amazing food was part of the price was insane.

Entertainment - Definitely out of the ordinary but so much fun. If you don't like loud music, energetic entertainers, flashing lights, this might not be the cruise for you but no one requires you to go to these late night parties either.. There were theme parties, PJ night, Scarlet night. So fun even for us older folks. No big broadway themed shows here just high energy, fun shows. And since this is an Adults-only cruise, some of the shows were very adult-themed. There was a variety show with circus type acts, a drag queen show (hilarious), a magician, comedian (we didn't get to see him). They had other music around the ship which was great also.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $800

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.