Azura Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

This was my first cruise, I originally booked as a solo traveller but a friend asked to join me, I booked directly with P&O so changing my booking was really easy. From start to finish the trip was well organised, P&O sent regular updates and lots of pre-cruise information. The food was great, with lots of variety, the entertainment was varied and to a good standard and the crew were awesome, in fact I go as far as to say nothing was too much trouble, I absolutely loved the whole experience and will definitely be booking again. The cabins and communal areas were all to a good standard, I was slightly disappointed with the gym, I was expecting state of the art, maybe my expectations were a little high, and it has to be said that it was better than most hotel gyms I've seen, I believe Azura is due for a refit in 2025/26 hopefully the gym will be a priority.

My only other gripe is solo supplements, I've been looking to book my next trip and I'm dismayed to find that they add up to an additional 70% plus extra if you want anything other than a single room! I understand that the supplement is necessary but the mark up is eye watering, it means that I'm almost paying for two people once I change the cabin upgrade etc.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azura Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.