Riviera Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

I chose the 20 night trip from Mumbai to Singapore, especially looking forward to revisiting the Maldives, and generally having tours which gave experiences out of the norm. I particularly wanted to treat myself to some top-notch cuisine. Oh dear, what a mistake.

There were good points. The cabin was usual size, clean, comfortable. Storage fine for one person, but inadequate for two. BUT cabins were not available when travellers arrived hot and tired from (poorly organised and eye-wateringly expensive) airport transfers. In my case I waited, standing in the heat outside Mumbai airport, for over four hours, until being loaded on to a grubby, tatty coach, which missed my embarkation time of 11am, actually arrived at the boat at 1.10, and still couldn’t use my cabin until 3 pm. Luxury travel and a smiling welcome? - Just the opposite.

The ship is beautiful, and an Art Scavenger Hunt made us all go to visit parts we might otherwise not have bothered with. Free laundry facilities were good, but machines/filters were not cleaned out often enough and so many were out of order. Pool was far too small. Coffee stations were very small. Ship’s Wifi was a joke.

Verandah Stateroom

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Riviera Cruise from $2,232

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.