Arvia Review

Underwhelming Food & Entertainment + Loud Sun Bed Hogging Brits = Average Holiday

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Arvia
Neil Diamond
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

It pains me to write this review, as we were so excited for 10 months for this holiday. We have been on P&O 3 other times and they were acceptable or even good experiences. Sadly this was our worst, and probably our last cruise (most definitely our last one ever with P&O).

For context we work in hospitality, so we really understand and value the hard work that goes into delivering good service, attention to details and maintaining high standards of quality day in day out. I must mention overall the staff were generally polite, friendly, and completely overworked. The ratio of customers vs staff was too high and you could see this from day one. Usually it was table service for drinks on P&O, but on Arvia get used to queuing for drinks. I think a combination of not enough staff, but also, a lot of boozy brits on drinks packages who just need to get their moneys worth was a cause of this.

The food was uninspiring and at times awful. We went to the Horizon buffet once (not our usual cup of tea) and if you like left over roast dinners, or heavy gravy/stew based meals then you are in for a treat. Nothing fresh or light. Nothing regional or interesting. Just a general Toby Carvery. But like I say, buffet isn't our sort of place so we went to the Meridian mostly and other restaurants.

14 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.