Brilliance of the Seas Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Ocean View

After having cruised with P&O and Carnival I was expecting better than what was on offer from Royal Caribbean on this cruise.

The embarkation process was quick and easy. Our oceanview cabin was clean and spacious but the interior furnishings like the sofa, were tired looking and in need of upgrading. The bed was not comfortable and we had to get our room attendant to find some mattress toppers for us. There was plenty of storage space for two people and the bathroom also had lots of room. We had a small fridge that didn't keep things cold despite my turning down the temperature. On the plus side, the air conditioning worked well and it was nice to come back from a port excursion and step into the cool air.

The daytime entertainment was lacklustre and sometimes non-existent. There was usually some live music playing somewhere on board, unfortunately for me however, I didn't find this entertaining for long. If you love trivia then this cruise was for you since they held it three times a day. Bingo was also an option if you liked losing a lot of money. It was way too expensive and it took longer to buy tickets than it did to play. A lot of the night time entertainment seemed to be scheduled at the same time as the main dining room was serving up dinner so by the time dinner was finished, so was the entertainment.

Ocean View

Clean and spacious. The twin beds were bad and we had to request mattress toppers. I found the bed linen to be good quality and pleasant to sleep in. There was plenty of storage space both in the cabin and bathroom. The sofa looked and felt tired and in need of referbishment.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Brilliance of the Seas Cruise from $427

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.