Zaandam Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

Weakest link in our cruise has been the excursions, not as described, bus broke down in Costa Rica w a 2 hr delay. Tour Cartagena Columbia listed as 3.5 hrs lasted over 4.5 hours w no food or cafe stops available. Onboard bars running out of my favorite beer and 12oz waters is disappointing. Despite purchasing Have It All package my account has been charged incorrectly for drinks several times. The Dutch employees are less than enthusiastic correcting any errors, fielding complaints and even booking a new cruise while on board?! The hardworking foreign staff remarkable, pleasant, polite, and very attentive. I’m trying to hang my hat on HA for our new cruising lifestyle but after this our 3rd cruise on HA we have started looking elsewhere for a higher level of service. The dining room food appears to be just reapportioned and delivered from Lido buffet. No cooking stations, bar, etc. Orders are placed and the waiters show up 15 min later w covered dishes containing small portions of items available in the buffet. In all the dining venues, when something goes empty, that’s it, gone, we observed no fresh refills whether it was the taco bar or main buffet.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia)

Strenuous, hot, too many pushy vendors ALL selling the same wares. No quaint cafes, bars etc as described.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Zaandam Cruise from $249

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.