Emerald Princess Review

Third and last cruise with princess

Review for the Panama Canal & Central America Cruise on Emerald Princess
IleanW
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

This has our 17th cruise (not all with Princess) so we are not new to cruise ships. This was the worst cruise of all and we will not be sailing with Princess again. Sorry Princess but your services on the cruise have ruined it for us. The first day, we went on the ship tour and went up to the Lotus Spa. I asked about using the sauna/steam room and was told by the female attendant the there would be an additional fee of $299.00 to use the sauna for the cruise! Ridiculous! A few days later a new crew member told me that the Spa services have been outsourced to a vendor and they can charge whatever they want. The crew member also told me that the "Future Cruise Travels" section and all of the clothing stores have also been outsourced.

The dining room services have certainly changed. Only one of the three main dining rooms was open for breakfast and lunch. The hours of operation were very limited and they only served breakfast until 0900. The dining room lunch menu was limited and seemed that it never changed. The dinner menu was the same every night with the exception of one additional new main course per night. Truthfully, most of the food was only average and nothing special. The beef Wellington smelled so bad (liver smell) that I could not eat it and sent it back. The only positive dining experience was when we went to the Crown Grill two nights. The service and the food was excellent!

The Emerald Princess is being neglected and needs a good cleaning and paint. Our balcony was dirty most of the time and I had to wipe everything (table, chairs, balcony rail and sliding doors) with a bath towel before we could use the balcony. There were old paint chips on the floor that could not be removed. The entertainment shows were substandard and the cruise director kept apologizing, "because the entertainers are all new". The only good shows were the comedian and the magician. The guy that performed the vantriqulist show was pathetic and people (including us) walked out.

Extremely small. The shower was so small that when I dropped the soap on the floor, I could not pick it up without hitting my head on the side of the shower! And NO, I am not obese or disabled!

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $585

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.