Carnival Conquest Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

We chose this cruise because it was affordable for our group of 15. This was my 2nd cruise with Carnival, the last being 15 years ago. I've cruised 12 times and have tried the four popular cruise lines: Carnival, NCL, Princess and RCL. You know the saying, "you get what you pay for." Everything about this ship is CHEAP. The food was the worst I've ever had on a ship. This is the only ship that I walked away from hungry. Besides the food being terrible, it was bland and unattractive on the plate. Service was terrible and unorganized. I have never had to wait so long in line for all things buffet and in the dining room. It was hard to find a table because all of the empty one's hadn't been cleaned-up from previous users. Big time understaffed in all areas...lines, lines, lines...ugh.

The ship itself is so outdated. Someone in our group said the ship looked exactly the same as it did many, many years ago. Every aspect of the ship, that I saw, seemed to be understaffed with unhappy employees (of course there were a few individual exceptions).

There were so many little things that made this cruise not up-to-par with other cruise lines. If you just want to party for cheap and don't care about the rest of it, go for it. I never will again.

The cabin was clean enough. Room steward asked us what time we wanted our room cleaned. He came in, just once at the specified time and only once. Never saw him after initial visit. No evening turn down or chocolates. Like I said, "cheap."

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Conquest Cruise from $288

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.