Adventure of the Seas Review

Adventure of the Seas delivers a good time!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Adventure of the Seas
osujohn
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Connecting Promenade View Interior

My Wife, Son and I along with another couple wanted a winter cruise for a good price and easy port to access. Adventure had an 8 day cruise out of Port Canaveral so we jumped on it. We had cruised on Adventure before and loved the ship. We are Diamond plus members and have only cruised on RCCL ships. We flew to Orlando the day before and shuttled to Cocoa Beach and spent the night. A quick Uber the next morning to the Port around 10:30 am through security and after checking in was on the ship by 11 am. We ate lunch at Chops to avoid the crowds at the Windjammer and after an excellent lunch our rooms were ready by 1:30 pm. We had 3 rooms next to each other on the 6th floor with a promenade view. Rooms were quiet with plenty of storage. Showed a little wear and tear but that is to be expected of an older ship. Our cabin steward did an excellent job of keeping everything clean and kept us supplied with ice and towels. Food in the Windjammer was good as was the Dining Room. As a veteran cruiser you notice some changes in the menu but overall the food selection, dining and service were good. Bar service was usually very good but prices are a little steep in my opinion. I was glad as Diamond plus we got 5 drinks included in our package. Entertainment was excellent from the Ice Show, Comedian, RCCL singers and dancers to the Headliners. Cruise Director Dan was excellent in keeping the party going in the Promenade during the parades. My 2 biggest complaints are the Pool Deck on Cruise days is a bloodbath for deck lounges near the pool. I saw some ugly confrontations between people over this. No security around to monitor the area. Some people had towels out a 7 am when I was walking. Of course this has been a problem for years and nothing has been done about it. My other complaint was leaving the ship. We decided to take our luggage off with because our docking was delayed and we were running short of time. They had us go through the casino with chairs around us through the theatre all on carpet pulling luggage. Completely a mess and did not have to be that way. If you can sail a ship to the Carribean you can figure out a better way to disembark.

Adventure of the Seas is a wonderful ship, clean and spotless for it's age and the crew was very friendly. There is always going to be negative issues we just choose to go with the flow and not let it ruin our vacation. Already looking at our next Cruise on RCCL.

Connecting Promenade View Interior

Room was clean with plenty of storage. No issues.

Port Reviews

St. Croix

Did the panoramic tour of St. Croix. Packed in a small bus and by the time the guide told us to look for something we were already by it. Hard to understand but was able tp pick up a few tidbits of information.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Adventure of the Seas Cruise from $413

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.