Carnival Sunrise Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

I chose Carnival because I cruised 10 years ago and it was decent; I assumed it had gotten better-I was wrong. I knew it was considered a "party ship" and I am all about a good party while on vacation but this was ridiculous. There was fighting in the rooms. I was awakened by what I think was a body being slammed against the wall, cursing, yelling, screaming, doors slamming etc. I was also watching the sunset a couple of evenings and the smell of marijuana invaded my space. Again, I love a good party but this was too much. Then on top of that I purchased an excursion through carnival so there would not be any issues but the day of, the communication & organization were horrible. They allowed everyone to get off the ship at once or that it seemed like. We were packed in the hall of the lower deck like cattle. When we finally got to the excursion area, it had already left. Of course, I went to see about getting help and there were so many of us who missed their excursion because of the process or the lack of process to get off the ship, the lady felt intimidated. She walked away and said we needed to go to guest services on the ship and that she was scared. Finally was able to get a refund but that is not at all the point, it is the principle. That was the main event of my cruise. My fiance had never cruised or been on an excursion and it was his birthday trip. I wanted to make it memorable!!

Then there was the food. All the food seemed to be lukewarm and not HOT. Everything was prepackaged. We went out to have a steak dinner, it was pretty & looked delicious but it was tasteless and lukewarm at best. The buffet was a joke. All in all, it was not the best experience and I will probably not cruise with carnival again or maybe not at all. I have been flying into islands & staying at all-inclusive resorts which seems to be better but thought I should try cruising again. I've quickly decided against it.

Nice cozy, balcony cabin. No issues here.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Sunrise Cruise from $179

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.