Carnival Elation Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Grand Suite

A few good things first: We had a suite, so boarding and disembarking were quick, no problems. The staff at the port are wonderful! We were able to go to our room immediately upon boarding. The suite was quite large. No problems there other than the big pole in the middle of the room right by the bed--made getting up at night hazardous. The walls also seemed very thin. We could hear crying children in rooms around us, understand what was showing on the TV in the room next door, and the corridor we walked through regularly was FULL of cigarette smoke--constantly, so obviously nothing was being done about it. The room attendant was wonderful, although there was a large piece of broken glass on the floor of the room when we arrived which his vac must have managed to miss. The bed was comfortable, and the A/C and fridge worked fine. Definitely worth getting a suite, although it seemed a little worn (last refurbished 2017, I believe). Guy's, pizza, the omelet station, and the deli were great.

Some of the bad things were "champagne problems"-- annoying, but not life threatening: very difficult to get an elevator the first day (I'm using a rollator due to surgery, and I could not get an elevator from 6 to 12 for a scheduled spa appointment. The spa changed our appointment time, but nobody told us! Lots of small "technical glitches: link to the electronic boarding pass sent to us didn't work, QR code info provided in the room was unreadable due to being copied too often, announcements cut in and out so it was hard to tell what they were saying, Carnival Hub glitches not always timely.

The "larger" bad things included my husband becoming very ill (gastro), and THEN we saw that the week before there was a large outbreak of same on the sailing. We are of the few who still mask and wash hands frequently, but he is immune compromised and it still got him. Read the news before sailing to see if there have been more recent problems!

Grand Suite

See above.

Port Reviews

Bimini

We enjoy smaller less-touristy places. We lucked out by booking a tour with Bimini Island Tours. Max was wonderful and he gave us a chance to learn so much about the island!

Nassau

Full of tourists and junk for tourists. I've been there many times, and it has just become overrun with cruise ships (5 in dock when we were there). Next time, I'll stay on the ship.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Elation Cruise from $261

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.