Voyager of the Seas Review

1,495 reviews

Feels rundown and dated

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Voyager of the Seas

This ship has potential but needs more cosmetic upkeep and money put into the productions held on the ship. Shows costumes and choreography for example, were very notably outdated to the point it felt distracting from the amazing talent of the performers.

Internet connection was very spotty and poor throughout the cruise especially when on the bottom decks. Definitely not worth what you are charged.

Activities on the ship are lacking. If you are younger around 20-30’s you may find that many of the activities on board are tailored toward older generations. We felt a little bored most of the time we just ended up in our cabin. I cannot speak to the kids clubs as I did not travel with my children but found myself thankful that I didnt as I felt there wouldn't be much outside these clubs for them to enjoy.

We had an inside cabin on deck 3 and it felt musty and dirty as soon as we got to our room. It felt like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. We had stained sheets, used tissues, and several pieces of hair on the bed. Showers are VERY small and had some visible mildew. Also, I am unsure if it was just our deck but it often smelled of sewer and our air condition would randomly pause throughout the day/night. Got very warm at times, a small fan is helpful to bring. Keep in mind there are only two outlet plugs in the whole cabin.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Very aggressive merchants, closed in feeling port not very easy to navigate, minimal signage for direction. Have a solid plan and map out the area as best you can prior to disembarking. Try not to look lost or you may be vulnerable to tourist traps.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.