MSC Magnifica Review

Tired ship, dirty room and poor food…and mirrors EVERYWHERE

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on MSC Magnifica
Travelwinner
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Junior Balcony

Was recently on board for a convention as a first time cruiser. I was frankly hesitant as I’m not a big fan of crowds or lines or being trapped on a boat. So, I had a pretty low set of expectations..and unfortunately, my fears were realized.

Nothing on this trip made me want to go back on a cruise with MSC or any other cruise line. Entry/Exit was simple, and that was one of the best experiences. As soon as I checked into my balcony room on the 10th floor I became aware of the dirt both on the desks and on the floor; almost as if nothing had been wiped down or vacuumed. There was someone’s old makeup face remover under the desk and none of the paper goods on the desk had been replaced. The curtain for privacy was broken and the room just had a dank, musty odor. I put my clothes away and hoped at least the food would be good.

Meals at the buffet were crowded and omg, the people. No self awareness of space or others. Food was bland and mediocre and walking, walking, walking back and forth to get food, drinks, food, silverware. It’s all just ridiculous and not at all a bit relaxing or enjoyable.

Junior Balcony

Dirty to start. Mirrors staring back at you. Not a terrible size but be warned they are a bit dated.

Port Reviews

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Decent beaches but don’t look for anything healthy or reasonable to eat. All fried foods and hot dogs/hamburgers. Oh, and there’s a Buffett..to stand in line to eat mediocre food.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Magnifica Cruise from $80

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.