Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Unfortunately not what it used it be !

Review for Africa Cruise on Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Naynaynyc
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Balcony

I’m onboard now and the service has declined dramatically! Lots of new staff with attitudes and 3 star service. Rooms are outdated and in desperate need of a renovation. Stains on carpets and drapes . Bathroom still has a musty curtain and room temperature can not be fixed as they were here twice .

The staff questions everything. Order room service for breakfast no cutlery I call they say “are you sure “ no I’m bored and wanted to call ! Next day room service breakfast tea cups and tea bags no hot water ! Again I’m I sure ? No again I’m bored . The food in Britanna below average the selection. Duck venison leg of lamb lol same food every day tasteless but the British market has zero taste in food so I get it. I Have not dined once . I eat in speciality and alternative dining . Love the staff in bamboo and verandah they are truly special and they making our trip a special one!!!!

Kings court staff standing around talking to each other not taking the plates for 25 min walking by . They need to cater to the 40-50 range since this is the future of Cunard not the 80-100 who has no idea what’s happening around them! Like zombies . Well shall see the future! But the QM2 needs to retire it’s seen better days ! And unfortunately all of the Cunard cruises I’ve done may be over unless corporate steps up to fix these issues !

Balcony

Old a dated carpet stains , drape stains and bathroom musty from a drape and not a proper door ! Also AC and heating system horrible!

22 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.