Carnival Venezia Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

Myself my husband, my Mother and my Grandmother all went on this cruise to the Bahamas. We live in central PA and took Amtrak into the city and a cab from the train station to the cruise terminal (which was very affordable). Once we arrived at the terminal we saw a very long line along the whole front of the terminal and down the street. This was my 9th cruise and I have NEVER seen a line like that before. We actually were able to sneak past the line and into the terminal, which was the biggest disorganized mess I have ever seen in a cruise terminal. The terminal is extremely long and skinny which did nothing to help the large amount of people that were trying to get on the ship.

Once onboard, we went to our muster station and explored the ship. The first obstacle was the elevators, Venezia has "smart" elevators, meaning you need to tell the elevator what floor and how many people will be entering at each floor. PLEASE watch a YouTube video or two before sailing so you know how to operate them. The second obstacle was that 2 of the elevator shafts were being used for luggage but there was no signage stating that usage. We also felt that the layout/design was odd compared to other Carnival ships we have sailed on, but we have not sailed on any other Vista Class ships. I am anxious to sail on another Vista class to compare the two.

Even though this ship was designed as a cold weather the first two sea days didn't seem to have a lot going on other than trivia. My issue is knowing you are sailing out of NYC in January why would the sea days not be packed with activities knowing people can't be outside and layout. For example instead of having the comedy show in the lime light lounge (which was very small) they should have been in the main theater to accommodate a larger audience. Due to weather we had to skip Half Moon Cay, which for me was indifferent, but the crew did a very good job coming up with activities to fill in the agenda for that day. MarQ was our cruise director and I can't praise him enough, he was so full of energy and so personable he is a true asset to the Carnival Company.

We had an interior on deck 10. Our room was clean, standard/satisfactory. I did love that the bathroom had a sink with storage, did not like that the shower door did not latch or lock shut it just closed, so on rough water it would swing open and clang shut. The storage was very limited (I don't know if this is normal for interiors, usually do ocean view or balcony)

Port Reviews

Nassau

We have been to the Bahamas plenty of times and we normally don't get off the ship but this time we decided too. We booked the Top 10. One of the stops that we expected to see was Atlantis Resort, but for some unknown reason that didn't happen on this trip, and our bus driver decided to waste time at another stop that didn't have really anything to do or going on. Some new friends that we made also took this tour at a later time, and the same thing happened to them at Atlantis and by the time they got to the rum distillery they had closed early (it was a Bahamian Holiday that day). However these types of things should be relayed to Carnival so the proper plans can be made so that the cruisers get the most out of their excursions.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Venezia Cruise from $269

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.