Crown Princess Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise, California Coastal, so we didn't have to fly. I called the 800 line at Princess directly to get all the details for the cruise. The trouble began with the first call. I first inquired about the need for a passport since mine recently expired and I was concerned if one was needed. They told me no passport needed just a valid i.d. Driver's license would work fine. I called back a couple of times getting additional information and confirmed with other people about the passport issue and they also said a Driver's license would be fine. I also on the first call inquired if the upgraded mini suite would have a bidet, as I have a bad back and if it goes out a bidet makes life easier. The sales rep told me that every room has a bidet on the ship not just the upgraded rooms. I then decided to go ahead and book the cruise. The charge was $3561.26 but I noticed my card was charged $4171.66 the rep said I will be reimbursed the $610.40 about ten days after I return from the cruise. When I got to the cruise line to board the ship I showed them my valid driver's license and they said no sir we need a passport. I told them no I was assured by your sales rep that for this cruise a valid driver's license would be all I need. I also said after booking the cruise I called back a couple of times with questions and confirmed this with other reps that I can get on with just a driver's license. They told me no and that I have time still I can go home get the expired passport and then I can get on. I told them I paid $100 for an Uber ride here and that doing this will cost me an additional $200, while this discussion was going on my fiancée found a picture of my expired passport in her phone so they let me get on the ship. Once on the ship I eventually made it to the restroom in my cabin to learn that there was no bidet. I took my contract went down to customer service and told them of all the issues with the 800 line and promises that were made. That is breach of contract. I also showed them my contract with the $610.40 overcharge and asked them why do they do that and they couldn't explain but said maybe itis for incidentals and what didn't get used on the ship would be reimbursed ten days after my return. They also told me there are no rooms on the ship with a bidet and there was nothing they could do for me. I decided to make the best of it. While on the cruise our bathroom stopped flushing 3 times and not from clogging. They were able to get it working each time but what an inconvenience. Our refrigerator didn't work until the last 2 days of the cruise and again this was an upgraded mini suite. As far as the food it was not great at all. It used to be why you would go on a cruise but not this one at least. Now our room attendant was very nice and the entertainment people were very nice that is all I could say was good about the cruise. Dealing with customer support when returning has been impossible and the cruise line did nothing to assuage my concerns.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

see above

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.