Navigator of the Seas Review

2,293 reviews

Do not go on this cruise!!! Waste of time and $$

Review for the Mexican Riviera Cruise on Navigator of the Seas
Gabrielladdd
6-10 Cruises • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

I just took a cruise on Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico and it was BY FAR the worst cruise I have ever been on. First and most disappointing, Catalina Island was basically closed. They said once on the island that it wasn’t season so there was basically nothing to do once you got there besides rent golf carts and ride the same route for an hour. There was a nice beach club but also closed so would not recommend choosing a cruise with this destination in the winter time. Next, Ensenada is a complete dump. Feels like being in Santee Alley in downtown LA. Thankfully we booked the ATV excursion and had a decent time but without a nice excursion, the city itself was awful. Very dirty and poor and felt unsafe. I don’t know how a cruise line could possibly think it’s even OK to take people to these places during this time of year — Ensenada at any time of the year to be frank.

Second, the cruise is old and there isn’t much to do on it. I felt like this cruise was for the kids. They don’t have many good planned activities for adults besides bingo, name that tune, and karaoke occasionally. There was one ice skating show and the whole routine was a mess and the skaters fell 5 times during the show so either they were new and still learning or all 5 of them just had a bad day.

The food in the main dining hall is horrific. I sat down to eat, ordered pork bao bun to start and couldn’t even swallow it. I then ordered a steak and it was chewy and tasted old. Gave my waiter a $20 tip and left the table to go eat upstairs at the buffet. The second day my partner got sick from the food and was throwing up all afternoon.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $208

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.