Carnival Paradise Review

Fantastic ship, fantastic crew!

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Paradise
Cape78cruisers
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Our nightly ding table!
Paradise next to the Dream at Cozumel
Just passed under the Sunshine Skyway!

Honestly, I chose this cruise for the price and convenience… Tampa is our favorite port to cruise from, close to home, covered parking garage across the street from the port. I booked an inside cabin on the 12th deck about five months ago, after I sent full payment, I read about 30 awful reviews about the ship… I was so disappointed that so many people had such a bad experience… and I was really nervous that I’d made a mistake going with Carnival’s smallest, oldest ship. We have been on the Paradise twice before, in 2015 and 2017 so we new that it was possible to have a good time and we decided to just make the best of it, because it was very affordable 5 day cruise. Carnival emailed a room upgrade offer about a month ago to upgrade to an ocean view on deck 5, the Main deck. Seems like it was around a hundred to do it and we are so happy we did. We had a 13:00 boarding time and parked across the street… we were on the ship in ten minutes! checked in and saying hello, in ten minutes, most everyone had already boarded! Our room was ready, but we headed to the Lido deck for lunch. I wanted to post a review about this ship because I was so wrongly influenced by the negative reviews I saw before our trip. Our experience could not have been better! There was never a line for anything, Guy’s Burgers was fantastic, every day! Never a line, our dining experience was just first rate! Every breakfast in the dining room, seaday brunch in the dining room, just great every time! Omelets, French toast, bacon, hash rounds… everything was delicious! You make reservations on your phone and they text you when your table is ready… never more than a five minute wait! Our dinner was the late seating at 8:15, which we were not excited about… it was fine! We went to the 7pm shows and then straight to dinner. Our servers were just amazing, Catherine, Esther and Angelo, they just made you feel like you were their favorite guests! Everyone from the greeters to the staff were all so kind, smiling, helpful… Our son Devin loves Spider-Man and wore his shirts and mask whenever it was appropriate… it was very well received, everyone called him Spider-Man… which just made him so happy! most of the other passengers we interacted with all seemed to have a great time, the ports (Grand Cayman and Cozumel) we had seen numerous times, so our main intention was relaxing on the ship! The gym was very nice, barely used… most of the people in there were crew members, but it probably wasn’t ten people! The steam room and sauna was very nice, everything felt clean and new! The public restrooms on the ship have all been completely renovated… we were so pleasantly surprised! The comedy shows that we saw were great, very funny (we went to the early show which was family friendly). Every crew member that we talked to were so proud to work for Carnival Cruise lines… it was so refreshing! The 80’s and 90’s shows that the Carnival singers and dancers put on were great, all the songs we love, the Cruise Director Johnny did a great job every time he was called upon and the Military recognition on Friday morning was really special! We saw two other Carnival ships at port in Cozumel… and that’s when you realize how small our ship was…(it has to be that small to get under the Skyway Bridge!) But, our ship had the biggest heart! Thank you Carnival Paradise for the fantastic week of relaxation, food and fun! Shaquille was right! It’s the fun ship!

Main deck The room was a standard ocean view, great location close to elevators but very quiet. The room felt like it had been recently remodeled, the bathroom was very clean, new fixtures, great water pressure in the shower. The king bed was very comfortable, four pillows was the right number… Our son loves the fold down bunk on the wall! Our steward, Nyoman, was very attentive, always called us by name, the room always had fresh towels and he kept the ice filled! He was always smiling, everyone seemed so proud to be working on this ship!

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Paradise Cruise from $249

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.