Silver Spirit Review

MHA49
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

The Adriatic, and specifically Croatia and Greece, were our primary focus. Sailing out of Venice (Fusina) and ending in Athens was a perfect itinerary, with daily ports of call in between throughout the region. The door-to-door service provided by Silversea was perfect, and we were met at every stage of the trip by a representative who took care of our every need personally. The attention to detail was the right balance in all instances. Our pre and post stays trips were beautifully tailored to compliment the overall itinerary.

I am not one to gush over exceptional service and standards. Having been in the Hotel industry my entire career, my standards can be high, but also realistic in these challenging post pandemic times. To say that both my wife and I were impressed by the consistently high level of service and quality is a massive understatement. I have held back writing any review of this trip only because it continues to impress me when we look back at any part of our adventures. This experience has set a new benchmark for me if only because of the consistency and quality of the service throughout.

There is an obvious culture of caring and support within the ship that speaks volumes on how to bring out the best in the staff, and this is not an easy achievement. I have always believed in the maxim that you can have the best physical product in the world, but without the skills of your people you are nothing. This was more than evident at every turn, and I applaud all who we encountered. As a point of reference, there was one situation where the service was clearly lacking, but I also noticed the subtle intervention of senior staff at several points that sought to correct the problem. The obvious commitment to coaching and caring for both the guest as well as the staff spoke volumes, and that is a huge compliment to the integrity of the ship's crew.

All cabins are suites with butler service. Beautifully furnished and equipped.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Spirit Cruise from $3,468

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.