Carnival Sunrise Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Worst cruise experience ever. We travel alot, I've cruised 5 times & my husband 15. We stay at resorts as well as cruises. The Jan 8th cruise on Sunrise made my husband & I decide this is probably our last cruise. I am trying to be open to the fact that the longer, more expensive cruises might not have the issues we experienced. But the 5 day cruise on Sunrise is nothing I would recommend. Just to name a few things: the people on this ship were the loudest, rudest people I have ever experienced. They gave no concern to be in common areas & scream & shout at the top of their lungs to one another (arguing & just having fun both), smoke pot in the open areas & their balconies. We could not even enjoy our balcony because the smell would come straight to us. Party in the halls right outside your room with zero respect for anyone sleeping at all hours of the night. The last night it was so bad we had to call security to ask them to go to their room seeing it was 3am and we had to be up in 3 hours. Kudos to security who did come within minutes to send them to their cabins. But no other time did we ever see security dealing with unruly behavior. I am a partier & live to have fun too, but this was unreal.

The food on the buffet was the worst we've ever experienced. We know it is not going to be anything to write home about, but this was beyond that. The dining room is the worst we've ever seen on a ship. Very few included items to choose from. They now charge $23 upcharge for a "better" steak option. This is not in the steak house but in the regular complementary dining room. Even this food was less that good. The bartenders at the main pool were to unfriendly & you better have your patience when you want a drink because there is nothing fast about it. We had better luck at the Tides bar at the AFT pool. Still not great, but much more doable.

We unfortunately could not tender at Grand Caymen due to it being rough. For some reason the other 3 ships could (including Carnival's sister ship) but not us. So we had to have yet another day at sea & being trapped with the rudest, most classless people we've ever experienced. Our cabin was clean & attendant (sunny) was fantastic. It occurred to me that when you get a balcony room and pay close to $1,000 PP with all the taxes & fees you are at the top of the price range. You are traveling with people that paid $300 to get there with their interior room so you might run into this often but the fact that no one had a care in the world to be respectful of other guests on the ship. The pool parties used to be fun. Now they are so loud & obnoxious you can't stand to sit at that pool on sea days. I love loud music & dancing but to have it so loud you see everyone covering their ears because you can't stand it, you know it's too much. Don't even get me started on the cruise director. She was rude & not funny like she thought she was. We paid for "faster to the fun" so getting on & off the ship were pretty decent as far as timing goes. The pool bathrooms stopped flushing non stop & smelt like a 4H barn most of the time. Thankfully, we were on Deck 8 & could go use our own bathroom. All I can say is, do not book this ship unless you are loud, obnoxious, and love to have chaos in your world. So long Carnival, we won't be back.

Aft-View Extended Balcony

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Sunrise Cruise from $179

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.