Jewel of the Seas Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Booked a smaller ship thinking that overcrowding wouldn’t be as big of a problem as in past cruises. Boy, was I wrong, and add to that a dated jalopy of a ship to spend a week on. Don’t waste your money on this pile of garbage unless you like the hum and flicker of CFL light bulbs that *might* work if you’re lucky. One of them in our stateroom was like a strobe light and two other lights just didn’t work at all.

The ship was overcrowded and smelled of sewage on day 5. Other passengers were pushy and stressed, probably because of the living conditions. If I had the opportunity to leave at day 2, I would have walked out, but they have you stuck there.

The buffet food wasn’t horrible, but it was tough to find clean dishes and silverware. One of the staff in the Windjammer was a touchy creeper who wouldn’t leave me alone, so I had to find another place to enjoy my food in the morning.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Dated and not very clean. Found trash under the bed, lights didn’t work, pillows were horrible. If you want to step back in time to the early ‘00s then this ship is perfect for you. So full of nostalgia, but definitely not what I was expecting when paying premium prices.

Port Reviews

Barbados

Nice place, services seemed great.

St. Maarten

Always a great experience in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin. Don’t hesitate to explore here. Safest island in the entire Caribbean.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Jewel of the Seas Cruise from $298

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.