Carnival Glory Review

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024

We all know a certain level of subpar experience is expected with Carnival like food and stateroom accommodations but this sailing was by far the worst in all of my experiences. I have had a lingering feeling for some time Carnival was cutting back on staff and services, starting with turn down at night and food quality (not that it was ever suburb) but that feeling is now glaringly obvious. Post pandemic has left this sailing with mediocre interactions with crew, lingering maintenance and overall lack of sanitation. The halls smelled of sewage the entire sailing, no cleaning crews observed wiping down railings, elevators and other commonly touched surfaces creating more opportunity for viruses. At least 25% of the passengers observed coughing, sneezing and blowing noses midway in to the trip. I left with a scratchy throat so I am sure it is going to get me. Limited loungers on deck with many old and tattered. Stacks were left strapped up with no assistance from the crew. Beverage service other than at a bar was almost non existent. On debarkation day I awoke to no water, then only cold working. I asked a crew member in the hall and he laughed and shrugged his shoulders giving me the impression this is common. The epic rock show was laughable as only two performers had a voice for the show. Thirty minutes wasted, I suggest setting close to the exit if you roll the dice and attempt watching. The bands were not great at all. The tables in common areas or on n the buffet areas were not cleaned or bused timely. We played cards on the back of the ship and after bussing a table ourselves to use we noticed dishes setting for nearly an hour. I know carnival has a new CEO but so far it is only getting worse. When a company does not take care of its employees and continues to overwork or cuts back the workforce it trickles down to the customers. The customer experience will never exceed the employee experience applies here. Do better carnival for future travelers. After this hell cruise I shall spend my money elsewhere.

Shower nasty. I thought it was stained until I slipped on the sludge built up in the bottom of the shower

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Glory Cruise from $189

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.