Riviera Review

Not worth the money

Review for the Middle East Cruise on Riviera
User Avatar
CRUISINGCAROKE
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Rating by category

Cabin
Value for Money
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Fitness & Recreation
Service

Additional details

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: Penthouse Suite

We selected this cruise as it called at ports we wanted to visit particularly Oman. Sadly, the war put an end to 4 out of 8 ports of call. Whilst we appreciate this was unfortunate & understood, we were not offered any acceptable alternatives as we had paid for business class flights to Dubai so cancelling was not an option. Also, if you cancelled you lost 25% of the amount paid & the remaining 75% towards a future cruise only. Now where was the fairness in that offer!

We were in a penthouse suite which was delightful & had a wonderful butler Kuldeep. The ship met our expectations but………..

The front of house staff were quite indifferent & there was a huge lack of communication. We arrived in Doha to find no shuttle buses & only after a large number of guests complaining were they laid on. Also in Sir Bani Yas they expected passengers to walk a pier that was incredibly long as they advised that the island had no golf buggies available. Strange, how after our visit to the Executive Concierge buggies were supplied!!!!! The attitude is obvious - take our over priced excursion or get lost.

Cabin Review

Penthouse Suite

Absolutely lovely with masses of storage & nicely furnished

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Riviera Cruise from $2,232

Any Month

Get special cruise deals, expert advice, insider tips and more.By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.