3. Carnival Inspiration
Salutations! I just wanted to comment on my and my husband's experience aboard this wretched "Hole" that Carnival calls a "World Class "Fun Ship." Indeed Not!!! Embarkation was pure Hell, we arrived to the terminal early, expected to board early.....Wrong!!! We ended up waiting in hour long lines just to go through all of the security and as all of the other odds and ends of processing! I was becoming quite bored and anxious to board "Our Lovely Fun Ship" LOL. Considering that this is our first cruise and our second Honeymoon...plus not to mention, we booked in advance so that the cruise is scheduled around my birthday!! Well when we finally boarded, we then went straight up to our Ahem...lovely stateroom,only to find that bloody Carnival is still stuck in the Psychedelic 60's theme!!! Our cabin was an Oceanview, and the decor was horrible!! Puke burnt orange walls, the carpet was worn and smelled foul, our closet doors would get continuously stuck and you had to pull on the handle to get the bloody thing to open! Plus not to mention...the stupid stool by the looking glass was very uncomfortable, and the little drawer would also get stuck as well. The luggage attendants took forever to bring up our luggage...and about maybe ten minutes before we set sail, they finally bring our luggage. Next thing I know, is that we hear the Cruise Director come on the PA system announcing for all guests to muster for some lifeboat drill.....did not even have time to unpack our things, but instead we are wearing silly lifejackets that are to tight around our necks for at least 30 minutes of the drill...going to our muster station. The entire ship is becoming somewhat out of date...the entire decor is that of the '70's and is very ugly...I have never seen anything so idiotic in my entire life! LOL Our steward, who is from India...was always on top of things, he kept our room to the fullest of potential.....even the animal towel "sculptures" were unique. He even knew our names and was constantly checking if we ever needed anything.....basically the Crew/Waitstaff was very friendly and somewhat up to par...with quick service. However though, the security could be a little bit better!!! I have never seen sooo many friggen unsupervised little kids that were causing havoc on every deck to the bloody teens out of control as well!!! Carnival has a BIIIIIG Alcohol Problem that is integrated with the teens illegally getting served underage from ALL of the ship's bars to the teens sneaking liquor up to the cabins....I witnessed one time that a few teens were purchasing alcohol at the Tax Free Liquor shop with their Sail&Sign Accounts!!!!!The attendant did not even card them!!! I'm very disgusted that bloody Carnival does not crack down on these problems and they do not even keep to their *Policies!!!" of enforcing these rules...esp. of holding the parents responsible for their kids actions!! I am also tired of waiting forever for the elevators to come to your deck...these kids love to play..Elevator hop, or pushing every button inside and then when the elevator reaches the level..they run out and then do it again elsewhere. The photographers are not that bad...a little bit pushy if you do not want your picture taken. The Captain's Cocktail Formal now, was a blast....the drinks were ok..considering that most of the wine was indeed..cheap!! LOL My husband and myself met our Captain for the Inspiration...Angelo Loss, very friendly as well as his crew...but *not all there sometimes*! One time on the fourth day of our cruise..out at sea, it started to rain, going out to Costa Maya. He sailed right through the bloody rain and did not sail around it...talk about bonkers for you!! We also DID NOT GO TO COZUMEL!!!! OR TO GRAND CAYMAN!The last minute, they tell us that Cozumel was cancelled..and when I demanded why, they told us that Cozumel was hit by the hurricane just like the Grand Caymans....Cozumel was NOT hit by the hurricane!! ARRRGGHHH!! So we ended up going to this little *hole* called Calica and another little hole called Progresso....soo to make up, we did the shore excursions which were a lot of fun...but not of what I and my hubby had expected!!! In Progresso..we did the Corona Beach Party...was a blast, but cheap looking drinks, in paper cups!! and 6 oz. Coronas!! The beach sucked though...all seaweed and rocks everywhere. We were also docked with the Elation at the same time...Inspiration's sister ship!! and most likely the same hole as with ours..The Inspiration. The bus that we took.....was a *trip* we were crammed in tight on this little flimsy double decker bus...the transmission almost blows out.....our guide then decides to play tour guide and drive us around hole Progresso for at least 30 min. taking up our *party* time!!!!I must say...I smelled some ahem...*interesting smells in Progresso*!!! Barffff!!!! We only have an hour on the beach party!!! and were back on board before we even know it!!! All of the ports of call.....were hurry hurry hurry!!!!!!!! not enough time to do anything! Why that our lovely Captain could not take us as a courtesy port to like Cancun or to Barbados to make up for the awful ports is beyond me....I mean he *IS* the Captain of the vessel!!! The onboard activities were very lame...and not enough of them for us adults here. The shows were also very lame!...not enough creativity into the planning of these shows!! I want the symphony, the opera, and the ballet, Broadway plays and musicals!! Nooo not on Carnival!! Just these cheap mocks of these Broadway musicals and Vegas style shows. All of the performers were mostly amateurish and not very professional. The food to was very in poor quality!!!! The buffets were never really much healthy...and ughhhh!! used soo much darn cooking grease for the breakfast meals as well as just about everything else!! The pizza buffet in the Brassierie was really good and they keep it fresh daily!! Our dining room was the Mardi Gras...and I expected to be seated as *table for two* here!! No..they seat you with four other strangers that you don't have the slightest clue of...and it is a very awkward feeling....soo much for our Honeymoon to dine alone!!!!! The food was terrible as usual...but at least our waiter was always on top of seeing that if we needed anything!! So did out maitre 'd. The pools were, I will Warn You....for first cruisers!! ARE SALT WATER!!!!!!! WHAT IS THAT?? I have never heard of this idea, saltwater pools on a cruise ship!!!!??? I found this little incident out the *hard* way!! OUCH!!! You would expect chlorinated pools on these well world class cruise lines, not this mess!! The hot tubs are also saltwater regulated....hmmmm is Carnival on a BUDGET Here?? It looks like it!! LOL. The water slide never worked since we boarded, and on the fourth day of our cruise, after so many complaints from the other guests....they finally repaired the slide!!! Well I could go on about our cruise for days...but I'm going to keep it to all of the problems that we faced on board!! The paint toward the front of the ship and off to the side.....was peeling off as we were sailing!!!! and I noticed it when we took out tender to Belize City!! Then the crew was painting the lifeboats, and the fumes were so strong that you would get a migraine just walking by!! Carnival informed us that our ship was in dry dock before our cruise undergoing repairs....we were so wrong!! I recommend that you do not take Carnival!!!!! Our next cruise will be with RCI, they are so much BETTER!!

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean