Norwegian Encore Review

Cruiseawaycanada
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023

The cruise was chosen for destination and length of cruise I wasn’t sure how the 21 day cruise would be seeing I had not been on a ship for this lengthy duration. It was wonderful. I found with the longer cruise I never felt rushed to fit everything in or over schedule my time.

The Breakaway has far more outdoor deck space that can be enjoyed with relaxing furniture. There are outside seating options for bars and restaurants on level 8. The observation lounge was a gorgeous space.

I did find that people slept in this area and took up way more space than was necessary which limited seating availability. The staff should discourage people sleeping in the lounge chairs on the observation level. It was rude and annoying to come to eat during afternoon and no seats.

My studio cabin was excellent. As a solo traveller the set up is adequate. Now the solo lounge area was lacking. With The Eñic there were alcohol availability and solo travellers tended to hang in this area. Without no one hung out or mingled and space was mainly empty. There also was on previous cruises a bulletin board and pen so we could leave messages to one another; missed this as it was a good way for solos to communicate.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

I booked the luxury sail and this excursion was excellent. The snorkelling wasn’t anything special, but the sailing was fun. The tour was interesting and the guides were so gracious. I have never been fed so much on an excursion. We were fed on the way there and on return to Cabo.

Cartagena (Colombia)

Overcrowded tours everywhere we went. Our tour guide would start explaining and then the following group would come so close behind it was if our guide just didn’t finish the explanation. The jade jewellery stop was ridiculous. It is the tiniest store with virtually overcrowded tourists piling in. The free coffee was one ounce ; why even bother. The native dancing was with a group that didn’t look anymore enthusiastic as us on the tour. The Fort was along travel back and we could jump off and take picture and jumó back on bus. Shopping was ten minutes and by the time I got off bus there wasn’t time to even go to the bathroom let alone shop. A waste of money and time.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Excursión was turtle Sanctuary which was an excellent excursion. We really had too much time there. I believe the reason was they hoped we’d eat at restaurant and hang out. Bus ride had excellent driver who kept a person interested and he was kind.

Mazatlan

Excursión salsa salsa salsa was fun and we were treated royally. Anyone wanting to meet people and enjoy learning how to make multiple salsas you will surely like this event. We were at a great hotel and could swim afterwards. The good served was delicious and plentiful. Drinks galore.

San Francisco

If you have the chance and there is a free bus tour at night. Go for it. Honestly it was such a great tour with the city lights and an excellent guide.

Puerto Vallarta

I chose a hike but the bus ride was ridiculously long. I should have just hung out.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Encore Cruise from $499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.