Norwegian Star Review

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2023
Cabin: Balcony

About the Reviewer: I’m a middle-aged American male who traveled solo on this, my 60th voyage. Over half of my sailings have been with NCL, however, I have sailed on other cruise lines including Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, MSC and Carnival. This cruise was my first cruise as a Diamond Latitudes member with NCL. My reviews are written in chronological order of events as they took place on the ship. Enjoy!

DAY 1: Lisbon, Portugal – Embarkation Day

The ship arrived into Lisbon on Friday, November 24, a little later than to be expected. I had already planned on a walk around the Alfama section close to the ship before checking out of the hotel so I could gauge just how busy it was at the port. Upon arrival to the port around noon, I checked in my luggage and inquired about going back into the city to do some souvenir shopping. They said to check in and get my keycard and then I could exit the terminal and come back later as if I was in transit. It was lovely they allowed me to do that. I went shopping and came back to the ship around 1:30PM for lunch at O’Sheehans.

Balcony

Stateroom: Category BF – Balcony Stateroom

On the Dawn-class (which Star is part of) and the Gem-class, the forward balconies on Deck 8 are enclosed in metal unlike the majority of other balconies on the ship. Aside from that, the stateroom itself was in working order with a well-appointed closet and shelf space. The desk area with the TV had been updated during the refurbishment. Now there’s USB ports at the desk instead of a regular wall outlet. In the stateroom itself, there was only one North American outlet and this was in the vanity area which was part of the old cabin configuration. The ships didn’t have USB-C connections so this made charging electronics challenging while using a laptop. The stateroom steward Andy took good care of the room during my voyage. Of note, the one meta upgrade for the Diamond Latitudes member was used on this voyage and this is the stateroom choice NCL gave.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from $467

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.