Viking Mississippi Review

For me this cruise was like watching a high school production of “Let’s sail the Missisippi” with a $13,000 ticket price

Review for North America River Cruise on Viking Mississippi
Travelers unite
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

I paid for two lower level cabins. We traveled as two single women celebrating the end of a tough work year. Each was about $7,000. The ship is new and is beautiful. The living room (central event and sitting area) is very nice. The couches are really low on the ship and many elderly people couldn't get up without a lot of effort however. The bar is laid out nicely and is a friendly place to go. The bartender Chris was a pro and educated us about alcohol and made an effort to remember names. The food was very good and the chefs were friendly and helpful.

Butttttt…… I have been on 6 river cruises in Europe. None on Viking and I will not travel with them again. Here are reasons why:

1. The employees are mostly all young Americans who seemed like Applebees drop outs. By day 3 many people gave up on the only sit down meal served (dinner on Level 2). That left you with 3 buffets a day. Not a five star experience juggling plates and getting in line for food.

Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

13 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Mississippi Cruise from $3,499

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.