Norwegian Breakaway Review

This ship cannot accommodate all of it's guests.

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Breakaway
niser
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

I choose this cruise because we wanted to cruise the Mediterranean. The ship is beautiful. We usually cruise an inside cabin to save money. When I entered the comforter was not clean. The room looked a bit disheveled. The room steward fixed the problem and was very nice. However 10 days we had cleaning carts outside our rooms in the hallway. It must have been where they stored them.

The food was fine.

Perhaps the biggest criticism was when you went off the ship...if you did not get back on two hours before departure you waited in the warm sun sometimes over an hour in line waiting to get on the ship. They did not have a quick and easy way to get all the guests back on the ship. It really was a waste of time. Also if you had to tender in to a port......it too could be a two hour process depending upon what tender you were assigned to. So sometimes you had very little time in port. This does not seem fair to the passenger and needs to be fixed.

Wonderful Cabin Steward. I had sprained my ankle at the end of the cruise and she brought ice every night the last 3 nights.

Port Reviews

Santorini

If you visit this port during the busy season be prepared for large crowds. It takes forever to get off the ship, then to get on the tram to take you up to the city and then you will wait in long lines to catch the tram back down . It just is too many people!

Athens (Piraeus)

This was not one of my favorites. We just took at hop on hop off bus and it was a great way to see the town on a low budget.

Katakolon (Olympia)

This little town was one of my favorites. We did not do any excursions but she enjoyed the quaintness and the shopping and food in this small town. It was very quick and easy to walk on and off the ship .

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Breakaway Cruise from $278

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.