Voyager of the Seas Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

This was my first cruise and really vacation. This celebrated a honeymoon ruined by Covid closure and two Anniversaries. With kids grown I really had some high expectations. Embarkation wasnt bad at all. We chose an inside cabin as we didnt plan to be inside. It was very dated. Cabinet doors barley closed and were de-laminating, trim hanging. Rock hard bed. Cabin Steward was tipped nicely in advance and on day three again. He was fantastic. I had heard so much about the food but was not impressed at all. I spent alot for Giovannis. It was ok, good service, but the steak was horrible for wife. No seasoning and stringy. Christmas day I spent alot for the Holiday meal at Chops. Ive had better steak on a bad day at Roadhouse. Service was horrible. We got there at 630 and they apparently forgot the main course! We were so late we missed the show not leaving until almost 9pm. Tables around us came and went. Could have had that steak in MDR. The MDR was not bad, but we signed up for couples dining and were put at a large table. Staff were great but on last day really? Serving stops and the staff were made to parade around and dance? Then they over a very very loud speaker continuously beg for a 10 rating. Buffet was meh...

The ship was busting with people, kids everywhere even solarium. My fault - Christmas cruise. I prepaid and booked everything. Soda package a waste, you have to really work to use it. Alcohol drinks were horribly expensive and still would not have warranted the drink package price. PHOTO people have lost their mind on pricing then they bait and switch to move stuff! Costa Maya is priced the same and is a definite tourist trap! Avoid Costa Maya. a 9 dollar beer in Mexico? really? 40 dollar digital photo with overworked dolphins? Curfew was a joke, and promenade crowded. Move the tables of overpriced junk! If you want our money RCL give us value or quality. I will pay for either but not motel 6 accommodations at OMNI pricing!

Run Down and dated. Small for even cruise standards. In disrepair with poor ac.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Voyager of the Seas Cruise from $212

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.