Viking Orion Review

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

I choose this cruise because of a good offer provided for it two years earlier and due to the good reviews Viking had been receiving. In addition to the the cruise, I signed up for the pre- and post-cruise packages. It turned out the excursion included in the pre-cruise package was a duplicate of one I already signed up for after boarding the ship, so I paid out of pocket for my own pre-excursion--wish this info had been clearer so I could had picked a different onboard experience.

The air conditioning in my cabin was set to COLD regardless of how I adjusted it. I had to warm my clothes on the heated towel rack and dress in the bathroom to stay warm, or get under all my blankets, not just the throw provided. I reported it once with no response. Finally, on the last night I couldn't stand the cold any longer and asked again that HEAT be aded to my cabin, which miraculously it finally was.

I would also ask for cream with my coffee as only milk was provided on the table. By time the server would finally arrive with the cream my coffee, which seemed to take forever, would be cold. Then I would have to ask for a whole new cup of hot coffee. Plus, my request for cream was most often met with a look of disdain. I don't think this was an unreasonable request.

Too COLD, always set at full air conditioning and could not change, froze the whole trip even after asking for it to be fixed with no response until very last night of cruise. Had to warm clothes on towel warming rack and dress in bathroom. Miserable, unless fully under all blankets.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Orion Cruise from $4,849

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.