National Geographic Explorer Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Traveled with children

We didn't expect to be in Antarctica this Christmas, but life is funny that way. Our family was set to go to Israel and Egypt for our daughter's Bat Mitzvah in December 2023. Unfortunately, life had other plans. At the very last minute, we booked our trip to Antarctica. It was always on our bucket list and what better time to go than now? So that's how we ended up on this remarkable trip.

I can't say enough wonderful things about Lindblad/National Geographic. The ship was smaller than most cruises -- I like that kind of intimacy and staff-to-passenger ratio. We got a lot of personalized attention. The food was top notch. The living spaces were large and excellent. The amenities were lovely. The staff was unbelievably wonderful.

What I like about Lindblad/Nat Geo is that they cater to a smarter crowd. Really, they do! Their expedition leader and education team are the best scientists from around the world. We learned so much on this trip, but we had fun at the same time. They made the learning interesting, fun, and exciting. Initially, I was only in this for the penguins. By the end of the trip, I knew more about icebergs and could identify more seafaring birds than I ever thought possible. My fellow passengers were in it for the same reasons. We had a lot in common and we had so much fun getting to know everyone on the ship. Some of us are already planning another trip to the Arctic!

Spacious, lovely, and well-kept.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a National Geographic Explorer Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.