Celebrity Summit Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: Prime Ocean View

This was my second year in a row taking this short holiday Bahamas cruise. I will share a few thoughts but overall it was a good experience and gave me the short break I needed at the end of the year. I would recommend Celebrity and the Summit.

Travel to Miami - flew into Miami on Christmas night arriving near midnight. I was booked at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West. They offer a complimentary shuttle however it would not leave the hotel until 1am, meaning I'd be waiting an hour for the shuttle. I took a taxi instead for an unexpected $41, ouch. Check-in was a breeze and the room was comfortable. During check-in I reserved the noon shuttle to Port of Miami, $14. There was also a 10am option. Shuttle arrived a little after noon and stopped at 1 or 2 other hotels. Celebrity was the last stop at POM, but arrived with plenty of time to make my 1pm onboard time.

Onboarding - quick and easy, flashed my online boarding pass, went upstairs and stopped at an agent with an iPad who asked to see my Passport and asked a few medical questions. That was it and I was directed to the ship. Danced my way onboard. I had checked my suitcase so only had a backpack with me. I headed to the room, collected my seapass and met my cabin attendant who was in the midst of cleaning. I stored my backpack in the closet and headed to my muster station. Seapass was scanned there so now I was free to enjoy the ship.

Prime Ocean View

Enjoyed my first experience with an Oceanview cabin. This location was perfect for me as I was able to primarily use the stairs. Two flights up to lounges, theater and casino and just one more to shopping and cafe Al Bacio/Martini Bar. The bathroom is lovely but small. Grab bar in shower is in a bad location seems the rear wall would have been a better place. Vacuum system may require multiple flush button pushes to clear paper. Drawer space was adequate as was closet space and would be for 2 people as well. If the chair folded out I wasn't able to figure that out, but I used the comfy sofa seat several times during my stay, appreciated that extra space and comfort. Safe is not large enough for a laptop. I did not see life jackets in my cabin. Celebrity cabins are attractive and do have a more upscale feel.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $172

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.