Costa Diadema Review

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Classic Balcony
Traveled with children

It was my first time on a cruise ship with my family. Over all I think it was a VERY nice experience. The cruise had many activities for all age groups: Teen Club (ages 12-18) and Squok club for 11 and under. We took the cruise in june. I recommend traveling with Costa during the summer, since the prices are especially low during the start of june (although the prices rise at the end of august). So here's a more extensive review:

Dining services: The dinner is as far as I know included in the price (except for the more "diverse" restaurants including pizza, sushi etc. which include extra costs). During our 8-day stay we had quite a veriety of meals. For the appetizer, starter, main course and dessert there were usually around 2-4 different options you could choose from for each course. Almost every night had a different theme for example spanish meals and so on. For breakfast and lunch/dinner there was a specific buffet area that also offered different types of meal options. Over all everything was cleaned nicely at these areas and the service was never once unfriendly.

Rooms/room service: Except for the fact that the architecture and decor of the room was a bit too aged/old for some peoples liking, I think it didn't bother me at all since I (most of the time) wasn't in the cabin except for showering and sleeping. The room service overall was very friendly and cleaned well and changed out our old towels for new ones after every cleaning. After a hot day at the beach it's very nice to shower in a clean room so I'm very happy that this specific service was very well provided to me and my family. About the different room type options I don't think that any room type provides less of luxury than other ones. An inside cabin is very cost-saving and practical if you plan to be out in the port all day or take part at many activities during the day. For thus you would only need a shower and a bed to sleep in (which this room also provides just like the other options). Window rooms also most of the things from before apply but the only difference is that you have a window but sea view. This is very practical if you plan on taking photos(which you can also take when on outside deck), checking the weather or just enjoying the view of the port/sea (the window is not openable). The balcony room has all of the things I've mentioned before combined so it's really practical. The balcony is nice if you get nauseous easily so the direct wind acces might help and also if you're a smoker. The terraced room includes an extra veranda room that is devided from the balcony and bedroom by glass doors. The veranda includes 2 armschairs and a table. It can also be easily devided for example: smoking: close bedroom door and leave balcony door open. The included armchairs also provide more comfort if you plan staying on the balcony/veranda a lot. And lastly the suite which provides a walk-in closet and a panorama view balcony. The big suite can also be devided in half by sliding doors deviding the double bed from the sofa/bunk beds.

Classic Balcony

Nice and clean. Beautiful view of the sea when on balcony or when just waking up to the view of the port and letting the fresh breeze of the sea enter your cabin.

Port Reviews

Genoa

nice port old styled.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

not much to do in the area close to the port. When taking a tour there is more to see but you also pay more.

Corsica (Ajaccio)

Beautiful city nice ambience friendly people clean beach

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Beach pretty far away from port BUT its so worth seeing the beach of Palma De Mallorca. Hot sand and clear water. The water being the perfect mixture of warm and enjoyable cold

Valencia

nice shopping options. Shuttle bus VERY expensive especially when traveling with family I would rather recommend taking a taxi

Marseille

Beautiful but not much to do. Inner city VERY far away from port

next review

Find a Costa Diadema Cruise from $319

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.