Nieuw Statendam Review

ty55
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023

We chose to sail on the Nieuw Statendam because we had sailed on this ship before and enjoyed it very much. I do not know what has happened to Holland America and this ship it was totally different from when we were last on this ship and also sailing with Holland. Our last cruise with them was June 2021.

First, upon arriving at the airport we had their airport to ship transfers. The older gentleman handling these transfers said we had just missed the first bus and needed to wait for the next one. We waited from 10:30 a.m. till 2 pm before getting on a bus. Apparently, one of the buses had broken down. I did go to Guest Services and asked for my transfer cost to be credited to my account which they did.

Next we had a flood in the bathroom coming from under the sink. I tried to look for the number for maintenance or housekeeping but could not find one. Apparently, all problems are to be handled by Guest Services and I waited on hold for fifteen minutes before sending my husband down to Guest service to stand in line to get help with the problem. Guest Services is so busy as everyone is in line trying to figure out their Navigator App.

a balcony cabin. Room stewards were great. Did have a flood in the bathroom under the sink which was corrected promptly once we got a hold of Guest Services.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Nieuw Statendam Cruise from $469

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.