Silver Spirit Review

Good but not worth the price

Review for Trans-Ocean Cruise on Silver Spirit
WazzTheGap
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2023
Cabin: Superior Veranda Suite

My wife and I chose this cruise to finish a self managed holiday as we were in Europe and wanted to travel through the Suez Canal to Dubai and this cruise had the stops we wanted included three days in Egypt.

My wife and I cruised the Silver Spirit from Athens to Dubai in late October through to mid-November 2023 and now have had time to reflect on the experience from booking through to disembarkation and wanted to write a review to perhaps assist others who have booked and maybe thinking about booking.  Here goes…...

Our booking person for SS in Sydney was quite good with the cruise booking, however we also wanted SS to book flights, or at the very least provide us with an option.  We booked our SS cruise about eighteen months ahead and when flights were available we reached out with our itinerary for SS to see what they could offer.  This is where the service started to go downhill.  I reached out on 1 December 2022 with our itinerary, which we admit was complex, but after not hearing anything, I followed up in mid to late December and emailed again mid-January.  After a bit of to and fro we were told that SS were not capable of booking the itinerary.  A quick trip to the travel agent and an hour later we had all our flights confirmed.  While the travel agent was good, it wasn’t rocket science and didn’t need a PHD.  Not the best start and I couldn’t recommend the SS flight option given the level of competency or communication we experienced.

Superior Veranda Suite

The cabin was good without being anything outstanding. The size was reasonable and well maintained by staff. Verandah was a also a reasonable size.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Silver Spirit Cruise from $4,000

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.