Holland America Rotterdam Review

Enjoying the Journey
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

This was my first Holland America cruise, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll start with the positives though.

The food was good quality, and they offered some of the best options on the buffet, compared to other lines. I did enjoy dessert at the pizza place, however, the pizza itself was not good.

I enjoy movies, and they had a large selection of on-demand movies that are included. This is nice for sea days and any other time you just want to stay in.

Standard balcony room had enough room for necessities

Port Reviews

Tallinn

There was a lot to see that was walkable from this port - markets, churches, etc. There were many pure linen items at nearby shops, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This was a clean, safe port.

Rostock (Warnemunde)

I booked a tour that takes you by train to Berlin. It was a long day and not very enjoyable. A lot of tourists and not a great environment.

Visby

A beautiful port. I enjoyed finding a quiet area and walking along the ocean. This was a peaceful, beautiful port.

Amsterdam

I definitely wouldn't mind visiting Amsterdam again. The canals are beautiful. There are a lot of young people, vibrancy, and life here. I booked a ticket for the Anne Frank house (which you need to do in advance as they sell out), and it was a great experience.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Holland America Rotterdam Cruise from $629

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.